Military FuneralMilitary honors for an eligible veteran, is free of charge. Two representatives will perform a ceremony that includes the folding and presenting of the American flag to the next of kin and the playing of Taps. When available taps will be played by a bugler, however there are so few buglers available that the military services may choose to provide an electronic recording of taps.

We will gladly contact the appropriate military service to arrange for funeral honors. However, in order to do so, we must provide verification of the deceased’s service. The preferred proof of eligibility is the DD Form 214, which is the Certification of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. If it is not available, any discharge document showing other than dishonorable service can be used. You can also contact the National Archives (include link) and request a DD Form 214.

As of November 1st 1990, there have been changes in the “Veteran’s Burial Benefits” program. There may be some benefits available upon the death of an Honorably Discharged Veteran. The benefits, if any, will be sent directly to you. You should personally contact your local Veteran’s Administration Office. For more information go to: